Terms of Sale
ANY Changes to Terms of Sale, Terms of Service, and/or Terms and Conditions will be considered retroactive to any prior adjustments. These changes will be effective immediately. This revision is registered on Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
- The bidder accepts the conditions of sale stated as follows by offering bids via internet.
- Items are sold to the highest bidder. Accepted payment methods are PayPal or money order (contact us for payment instructions if paying by money order).
- Each item has a specific “opening” bid. If you are the first person to bid that amount, the item will be sold to you at that price unless another bidder raises your bid. We have no “reserve”.
- Minimum order is $10.00 USD, no exceptions. If your order is less than $10.00 USD total, not including shipping, you will be assessed the difference in your order total up to the minimum order requirement of $10.00 USD.
- Bidders must pay packing, postage and insurance costs.
- Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia residents must pay state sales tax or must provide re-sale number.
- Offers to “top all other bids” are not accepted.
- DIG reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids by any bidder.
- No retraction of bids is permitted. Once a bid has been placed, it may not be retracted.
- Bidding sales are not approval sales. Winning bids must be honored by bidders. We cannot assume any responsibility for errors made in the amount bid or lot numbers listed on bid sheets. Check bid sheets for accuracy. Errors in descriptions or our inability to fill an order are the only causes for a refund. Requests for adjustments must be made within three days of receipt of the items and accompanied by a letter of explanation. Late remittance for purchases, however, is cause to negate this privilege.
- If an item is damaged in transit or missing from your order, DO NOT DISCARD ANY PACKING MATERIALS. CALL US IMMEDIATELY AT (855) 344-7865 M/F 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
- Electrically operated items are sold for their collectible value only. Actual use of such items is at the purchaser’s risk.
- DIG reserves the right to cancel the auction or re-schedule the closing dates without recourse from any bidder or prospective bidder. We also reserve the right to revise our Terms.
- Should DIG be prevented by fire, theft or any reason from delivering any property to the buyer, any liability of DIG’s shall be limited to the amount actually paid for the property by that buyer.
- All sales are for cash. Full payment is due within 7 days after the closing date of the auction.
- NOTE: All bids are contractual obligations and all bidders are obligated to honor their bids as contracts to buy the items involved. Invoices overdue by 14 days or longer may be submitted to an independent collection agency and result in additional liability for legal fees. Invoices not paid within 30 days will have the items on that invoice voided and reintroduced into a future auction at the discretion of DIG, unless prior approval is given to customer by DIG. You must submit, in writing, the reason you are seeking approval for your lapse in payment. Approval may or may not be granted based on the time that your outstanding invoice(s) has/have been dormant. If your invoice remains unpaid for 30 days, your items will then be considered the property of DIG Auctions only and we will do as we see fit with regard to those items. [*For those with current outstanding invoices at the time the revisions to our Terms take effect, you will be provided a TWO DAY (48 hour) grace period to pay any outstanding invoice. After the grace period has expired, your previously invoiced items will revert to being the property of DIG Auctions again without further advisement, as outlined above.]
AUCTION CLOSING PROCEDURE
Auctions close when the final bid has been placed. There is a ten (10) second timer that starts once a bid is placed at the auction’s designated closing time. This timer will restart if another bid is placed within its ten second limit, until no bids are placed within the timer’s limit therefore signifying the final bid. BE ADVISED that the timer DOES NOT EXTEND the next auction lot. We advise, for this reason, that you place your proxy bids in advance if you have multiple item bids that may close within moments of each other.
Invoices are processed and sent out the next available business day after the auction has closed. For our Saturday Comic Auction events, invoices are processed on Mondays, unless that Monday is a recognized holiday, then invoices would be processed and sent out that Tuesday instead. For our Premiere Auction events, invoices are processed the next business day. If a Premiere Auction event closes on a Friday, then invoices would be processed and sent out that Monday, for example. All holiday stipulations apply to our Premiere Auction events as well.
Minimum order is $10.00 USD, no exceptions. If your order total (also known as your “winning bids” total) is less than $10.00 USD total, not including shipping, you will be assessed the difference in your order total up to the minimum order requirement of $10.00 USD. Shipping will be subsequently added to that amount of $10.00 USD to complete your order.
OPENING BIDS AND ESTIMATED VALUE CODES
Every item is assigned an "Opening" bid. If you bid this amount, the item will be sold to you unless another bidder raises your bid.
Quote marks in a description indicate words that actually appear on the item.
Note: Most items we offer are in very fine to excellent or mint condition. We occasionally offer an unusual or rare item in poor to good condition.
Raw Comics ship for $5.00 and $1.00 per additional raw comic.* (Continental/Domestic USA)
Graded Comics ship for $8.00 and $3.00 per additional graded comic.* (Continental/Domestic USA)
*We will adjust orders as needed to make sure buyers are charged fair shipping and handling rates. Recalculation of shipping charges will occur once the formula exceeds the posted shipping rates provided on the websites of USPS and UPS for multiple item/combined shipments.
We ALWAYS combine shipping. You must wait for a combined invoice PRIOR to paying, if you have purchased multiple items. Your shipment will automatically be combined and the shipping calculated based on “ready to ship” package size and weight. If buying more than one item, the shipping service MAY CHANGE from First Class Service to Priority Service based on TOTAL WEIGHT and PACKAGE SIZE due to USPS REQUIREMENTS. We have no influence over the regulations set by USPS and must follow the regulations.
International items will be calculated after auction end based on your location. We will try to offer the lowest shipping rate available to you without compromising the package.
Winning bidder pays postage and insurance. If a significant mistake is made in describing an item, the item can be returned within 7 DAYS of receipt for a FULL REFUND of PURCHASE PRICE (No Shipping charges will be refunded). After 7 DAYS, the sale is FINAL and no returns will be accepted for any reason.
LOSS OR DAMAGE
Contact DIG immediately by email
DAMAGE: Keep all packaging (shipping box, packaging materials) as well as the damaged item itself. DIG will then contact the carrier (UPS, USPS) to start the claim process.
LOSS: If a package is lost we will contact the USPS or UPS and request a package tracer. The purpose of the tracer is to provide proof of delivery or if unable to prove delivery, request a claim for loss.
Reimbursement for loss or damage will not occur until the claim process has been concluded which could take up to 4 weeks.
Please keep in mind grading can vary from person to person. We keep our grading in line with The Overstreet Guide to Grading and the same 10-point scale used by CGC and CBCS. All “raw” books are graded to the best of our ability. We have been in business over 20 years and we stand by our grading.
BY BIDDING ON ITEMS YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS ABOVE AS STATED.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you combine shipping for MULTIPLE ITEMS won?
Yes, we ALWAYS provide combined shipping!
If multiple items are won please wait for a combined invoice PRIOR to paying. There is no need to request one as we do it automatically, this will cut down on the number of messages and requests that we will have to address.
You only pay what it costs us to ship your items. If the items are too large to ship together, or will get damaged by shipping together, then they will be shipped separately to ensure the protection of the items’ condition as collectibles.
When will my item ship? Will it be packed securely?
ALL purchases are professionally packaged by our Shipping Department staff and are usually shipped within five (5) business days or less, once we receive cleared payment. During a particularly busy, or holiday, week shipping may take an extra day.
Do you have any more pictures available you can send?
We have provided the best quality and quantity of image that we are able to provide. No others are available.
Will you end auction items early?
We will not accept any offers to end an auction early. Nor will we accept any offers to “top all other bids”.
Do you charge sales tax? Why, if this is an internet sale?
Customers from MD, PA, VA, IL, NY, and NJ must pay applicable sales tax. We are a professional, legitimately-licensed, legally incorporated business with physical locations in the states of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. As we have those locations in those states, we are required by law to charge sales tax for purchases made by residents of those states. The address that you have registered to your account determines your billing and shipping, as we have no other information to go on other than what you have put into the system. We are unable to circumvent the law and therefore must follow it if we wish to stay in business. Pennsylvania residents will be charged state sales tax on the shipping charges, per Pennsylvania state’s tax law. Due to the Supreme Court decision for "South Dakota v. Wayfair", states have enacted legislation requiring the collection of sales tax based on volume of sales into states. As we are now considered to have an economic nexus in the listed states (IL, NY, and NJ) and we are required by that legislation to charge sales tax. Additional states will be added as required.